Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ernie Derr mid 1960's

I got these two photos off of a Wisconsin Racing Photo website.
Here is Ernie Derr in 1964 in a Plymouth.  
I remember him bringing this car to the Louisa County Fairgrounds in Columbus Junction, Iowa for an IMCA Late Model Race and when 
he drove the car out of the infield/pitts, he stomped on the 
accelerator on the big HEMI and the whole grandstand SHOOK!!!!  
That is something you never forget.  I don't think that the IMCA 
ran too many races on pavement.  Most of their races at the time were
on dirt county and state fair ground tracks. 

Here is Ernie in a Dodge I believe in 1965.
Ernie is #3 and Bob Julusa is #1.  I wish there was 
a tour of stock cars that ran on dirt that the cars acutally looked like
the cars you drive on the road, like they did back in 
those days!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you Mike, those cars had style and charisma! Thanks for sharing...Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kyle. I enjoy so much your Midwest racing website!

    ReplyDelete